Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Didn't I Just Update This?


Apparently I have lost track of time (this is Super Snack Lady Sarah who regularly updates the blog, other than once when my co-worker Amy did it)!!!  I could have pinky promised that I updated the blog last week with awesome new photos but according to my records I have been there TWICE and haven't uploaded picture.  Ooops! So, here is a long, picture filled update on things!

A beautiful sun flower was growing
the last week of June (by this week
there was 5 more that joined it!)

The tomatoes have really filled out
and have grown quite tall. 
They are also budding and the flowers
are blossoming which means that
we should have some tomatoes growing
soon!

Sarah's co-worker Amy posed in the garden so
that you could tell how big the plants are getting.
These pole beans are really tall!

Alicia the dietician from Hy-Vee stopped by with me
to check out the garden.  It's getting pretty huge!

Awwww!  Who doesn't love a baby rabbit?
I especially love baby rabbits that are OUTSIDE of the
garden fence!

Alicia the dietician, Amy, and Sarah
made a healthy smoothie that included
avocado, kale, a banana, yogurt, and
orange juice.

Amy helped put the ingredients in the
blender.

I had a great green smoothie mustache!


These were taken yesterday. I am
obsessed and intrigued by the little
vine on the plants (this is a
cucumber plant) and how they grow
up the sides of the fencing! Super cool!

We have a baby summer squash folks!

Pumpkin plant explosion!  WATCH OUT!!!

The parsley and cilantro continues to grow well!
On July 2nd the Girl Scout group came and worked on
the garden.  I (Sarah) am in the back... though I still
look about the same size as the kids!




The Girl Scouts attached our hand painted pickets
to the metal pickets that hold up the fence.  Not
only does it make the garden look pretty it also
shows the variety of partners we have at the
garden!
The pickets add so much color to the garden!
Come and check it out whenever you can because
they look really awesome!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment